The following resources & recommendations are personally vetted by our leadership team and align with our values.
All opinions are our own. We may receive compensation for referrals.
- QuickBooks – This accounting software is ideal because it allows you to work from multiple platforms (desktop, online, and mobile). It also integrates with PayPal and is preferred among tax accountants.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Dubsado – Dubsado is a client management system for creatives. It allows you to easily keep track of clients, send contracts, accept payments & stay organized with complete bookkeeping. Their strong innovation and commitment to customer service create Dubsado evangelists, users (including many of our members) who sing their praises!
- SurveyMonkey – I used the FREE version of SurveyMonkey for years to gather customer feedback on various aspects of business. They have a large pool of vetted questions from various industries. This is crucial because asking the right questions helps you obtain the most useful feedback for your business. SurveyMonkey also integrates with MailChimp and Eventbrite.
- MailChimp – I used the FREE version of MailChimp for years. MailChimp offers multiple templates and layouts for you to create an email that fits your business. I understand that email campaigns and newsletters can be intimidating, however, it just takes time and practice. Do not be afraid to play around.
- Eventbrite – I hosted over 140 events on the Eventbrite platform. There is a fee, however knowing that I am using a trusted platform that integrates with PayPal, MailChimp, and Facebook makes it worth while. It is easy to use for both the host and the attendees. Plus using their platform provides more marketing exposure for your event.
GRAPHIC DESIGN & PRINTING
- Canva – If you do not have Adobe Illustrator or Design, meet Canva. It has become my best friend for creating graphics to use across all social media platforms and on my website. You can also upgrade to the business version for a minimal fee and then have the ability to upload your brand information and create folders to stay organized. Canva is very user friendly. It has many templates, stock photos, illustrations, layouts, and type for you to choose from when personalizing your graphics.
- Moo – I have only used Moo for printing business cards, flyers, and stickers. They have extremely high quality paper at affordable options, quick turnaround time, and great service.
- Adobe Sign – The quickest and easiest way to get your contracts and legal documents signed. It also sends a copy of the signed document once completed to all parties. Electronic signatures are valid on legal documents. Make it easy for you and your clients by using e-signatures.
- Annette Stepanian – Attorney for Creative Entrepreneurs. She helps creative entrepreneurs and small business owners lay a legal foundation for their business. She offers contract templates and courses.
- LawDepot – If you are looking for a state specific business contract, Law Depot provides plenty of options for your business.
- LegalZoom – LegalZoom makes it easy to setup your business with state and federal government.
- PayPal – My preferred payment processor. There is a fee similar to most banks, however, the convenience is worth it. PayPal integrates with many platforms for both accounting and e-commerce purposes. You can send and receive money securely and via multiple forms (check or card). You can also signup for a debit card so that you have greater access to business funds.
- DayDesigner – I love manually crossing off tasks that I have completed. In addition, my planner serves as a work diary of my projects, meetings, ideas, and accomplishments. Being very goal-oriented I appreciate that it has “Today’s Top Three” tasks to complete at the top of each daily page.
- PowerSheets – I enjoy planning out what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. What is different about the PowerSheets is they ask deep personal questions to make sure your goals are in alignment with where you see yourself when you are 80 years old. I use this tool for a combination of personal and professional development.
- Basecamp – This project management platform has made leading a team remotely so much easier. Our personal emails are not inundated with excess because all conversation, documents, tasks, images are shared on this platform. It makes it easy to streamline our work and make sure everyone is on the same page. Plus I am able to link documents from Google without uploading them each time they are updated.
- Google Docs – I create all business documents and spreadsheets on Google. It makes it easy to share documents, receive feedback, and publish.
- Wunderlist – One of my favorite mobile and desktop apps for personal lists and/or tasks. It holds all my different shopping lists so when I am out running errands I don’t have to find that piece of paper. The lists can be categorized and put into folders. You can also share them with a coworker.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Afterlight – My go-to mobile app for editing photos. I use this to edit brightness, contrast, warmth, exposure, etc.
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is great for scheduling posts within Facebook groups I manage and on Twitter. I use Facebook scheduled posts for the business page since Facebook favors content published solely through its platform.
- IFTTT – This mobile and desktop allows you to create hundreds of formulas to save you time and streamline your work. At one point I had a formula that saved Instagram photos I like to a Pinterest board so I could reference them later.
- Later – Instagram is about great content with an aesthetically pleasing feed. Later allows you to schedule out posts and preview how they look in your feed before publishing them. It is a huge time saver when batch posting content.
- Network Solutions – They have been my only domain provider for over 10 years.
- WordPress – My site is hosted on WordPress. WordPress is great for SEO and has a multitude of free options for website templates and plugins to meet your needs.
*All opinions above are our founder’s and based off her personal experiences.