We are excited to have you join us in our Little Black Desk Society online community!! 🎉 THANK YOU!
We chose to use the Slack platform because it provides both a desktop and mobile app. It also allows you to stay focused and in a business frame of mind during the work day for optimal productivity. This way you can ask a question and reference a resource without being distracted by your Facebook feed. Slack is used by small companies and large companies such as 21st Century Fox, Capital One, and PayPal.
- Download this Welcome Guide to get quickly acclimated and for reference.
- Start by creating your profile.
- Use your full name for clear communication.
- Upload a clear headshot for a stronger visual connection.
- Tell us what you do to provide context for referrals and questions.
- Update your status and show your creativity.
- Channels (topics) are created by business department so it is easy for you to find conversations to join. (ex: #marketing)
- If there is something you would like to see added, please let me know. Slack has so many possibilities including creating custom emojis!
GET STARTED USING SLACKShort, quick videos you can watch in less than 2 minutes.
Introduce yourself, your business, and post a link to where you want us to learn more about you.
Ask me a question in the #ask_melissa channel.
Share a recent blog post in the #blogroll. Use this channel to share your blog posts as they go live.
Tell us what the top 3 goals that you will accomplish this week.
This is an open channel for you to ask any business question to the entire community. Post a question here.
Explore the 50+ channels and join the subjects that you are interested in. You may opt-out at any time.
Respond to a question/comment in one of the channels.